Create Power Query (M) scripts for Dynamics 365 and Power BI
Latest version release notes
20190423 -Inclusion of all entities -Errors when generating queries based on custom FetchXML with entities not available in Advanced Find has been fixed. It is now possible to pass any query generated in the FetchXML Builder to the Power Query Builder, either manually or using the integration. -RelativePath in web.content calls We have added the use of RelativePath to the web.content calls. Whereas the current setup would create a connection for each entity in the Power BI service, using RelativePath will reduce it to only one connection that needs to be maintained for refreshes etc. Big thanks to hanksteen on GitHub for the suggestion. https://github.com/ITLec/PowerQueryBuilder/issues/26 -Date formatting The current transformations for custom date and time fields, formatted as date only, would generate errors. We have changed all the date fields to only retrieve the formatted value via the FetchXML, which fixes this error. The added benefit is that all dates and times are now retrieved in the users local time zone rather than UTC. Data still includes time zone details.
20181014 -Add Linked Entity -Link with FetchXmlBuilder 20180720 -FetchXml feature has been added.
This is a must use plugin when working with D365/MS CRM and Power BI. Improves the performance of the report and efficiency of development by a magnitude. Thanks Mohamed and Ulrik!
Ali Shoki ()
I need to merge excel worksheets from multiple files in a single excel (master) file accordingly to their worksheet name.
- If the worksheet already exists in the master file then it will insert (merge) data / rows below to existing data row in the master sheet or if not exist then will create new sheet and insert data as per source file rows.
= It will not analysis /compare column title / header, but will
- unhide all rows and column, copy and Paste Special Value from 1st row / column till end (row by row) from the source file to available lower cells of Master File like a manual task.
- Delete blank rows, unhide all rows and column of the source file before copy.
- While inserting each row, It will add file name in the first column. (similar to Microsoft Power Query).
- There should have “Check” with number select option for how many rows escape from up / start from all source sheets (which is always “Header row / title”) while copy and pasting in the master file from source data.
In short, simple and with only one above option, it should work as a manual system. Just copy from one sheet to master sheet without compare / any analyzing work.
Hope you will help me to give a solution in this regard.
S. Irfan () - version 1.2018.1014.5
What an amazing tool. God bless you all. Thanks soooo much for all your efforts.
Scott Stamper () - version 1.2018.1014.5
Really fantastic plugin! I know dual factor is in beta, but it would be great to have a bit more guidance and information on how to get it to work. Thanks! Scott
Ben Hainsworth () - version 1.2018.1014.5
Jonny McMullan () - version 1.2018.7.20
Great tool. Promise me development for this particular plugin will continue. Makes reporting from Dynamics CE in Power BI so much more fluid.
Marianne Lilholt Christensen () - version 1.2018.6.15
Great tool. First release tested. Maybe you should specify how to create the SourceURL.
Author: Mohamed Rasheed (ITLec) and Ulrik “CRM Chart Guy” Carlsson (Elev8 Solutions)Latest version: 1.2019.423.8Released on: 04/23/2019Nuget package Id: PowerQueryBuilderOpen Source: falseGo to project web site Ratings (all versions)4Average rating8Number of ratings Downloads34220Latest version66948All versions8368.50Average per version TagsPower BI